Friday 13 December 2013

Trying to get into the Festive Spirit

That time of year when, too mean to buy cards, I design my own; and have for the last couple of years designed a friend's as well.  Most have been rat-themed - well what could be nicer or more apt? - but said friend discovered that Christmas cards bearing rats were introducing a slight chill into his relationship with friends, and wanted a reindeer - a "sad reindeer" - this year instead.

Well how the Hell do you draw a sad reindeer?  It's not exactly appropriate - and I've had no end of trouble coming up with anything.  Maybe I've got a design now, but one of those he took a look at and thought "perhaps not" is offered below....   I can see why he thought it just a little unlikely as a Christmas card - but it does reflect my mood rather nicely when asked to draw bloody reindeer....

I did another as well - which was neither particularly sad nor particularly funny - but I took a shine to a photograph on Google, to whom I offer appropriate acknowledgement even though I've changed it a good deal; I don't know - maybe I'll use this one on my own cards; those that are fit to be seen by elderly relatives, anyway....   In my defence, I've never drawn a reindeer before, nor yet any other kind of deer; but it was quite fun.....

I really needed more information than I had in order to draw the critter properly - preferably, a real live reindeer: but there are so few of those in Niton Undercliff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment